Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: i'm pregnant

Hi

I have Beckers and I have a 5 year old and 21/2 old twins. I have had both forms of delivery. I had great pregnancies and I think I had less stiffness during them and my deliveries both went well. I was lucky(because at the time of the pregnancies I wasn't diagnosed) but I went natural for the 1st and had a spinal for the 2nd. Congrats!!

Re: Re: i'm pregnant

Congrats!
I have a 4and a half year old and a 2 year old. First pregnancy went ok, delivery not so ok. after 20 hours labor we decided to go for a c-section. my 2nd pregnancy became a miscarage and the 3 one went well, but also became a c-section after 20 hours. Last 3 months the myotony became worst and also the first half year after birth was not pleasant, but after breastfeeding i started using meds and that helped a little.
good luck and enjoy your pregnancy!

thank you all for the kind wishes.

i wanted to know if anyone experience their abs contracting tightly during pregnancy and if this could harm the baby.

Aida

Usually those are Braxton-Hicks contractions, and they are perfectly normal and natural. As long as you are having regular pre-natal care and oversight, and telling your obstetrician any symptoms that might concern you, you should have no problems. Those Braxton-Hicks can be disconcerting, though! I had them, too. Just relax, do a bit of slow, deep breathing. Sometimes getting down on "all fours" (your hands and knees), which lets your belly kind of hang free, can make you feel better. It also sometimes lets the baby move around more freely, which can be kind of funny. Lois

theyre not braxton hicks thoigh. when i sneeze the myotonia causes my abs to contract for about 5 seconds.