Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jan/Lois Support for Forum

First, Happy New Year to the Moderators and all our friends here.

With the New Year, brings a thought. Jan, can you post how we can donate to keep this forum going without advertisements and with no out of pocket costs to you and Lois alone.

Thanks, I want to help and make sure this site is open to all new and old.

Hugs all and again, Happy New Year.

Re: Jan/Lois Support for Forum

Thanks for your participation and support - I wish I had a non-profit set up so that donations could be tax-deductible, but that probably won't happen for a few more years.

The easiest way to contribute to the costs is to send a donation through PayPal. My email is jan@accessfitness.com. I'm redoing the MC website and will probably have a link on there. I really appreciate help with the hosting and registration expenses.

Jan

Re: Jan/Lois Support for Forum

mcboarder - Hi and Happy New Year to you, too. I've had a rough few days, as another of our beloved Dobermans laid down and died on New Year's Eve. She, like our wonderful Alex, who died in April, was only 6 years old, and both died of cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure and arrhythmia, both precipitously and totally unexpectedly. So I/we are in shock, and I haven't been really talkative.

However, I do want to clarify an apparent misperception.
This wonderful forum and website are 100% the brainchild and baby of Jan. She is the moderator, and the benefactor. I am just a member, and grateful to be one... I guess my verbosity makes it seem like I am something more than I am! Anyway, several of us make contributions towards her expenses, but I know mine was paltry, and definitely not doing justice to the level of commitment and personal expense Jan incurs.

I do hope you, and others who benefit by the information, support, guidance and camaraderie of the forum, will contribute to Jan as generously as you are able to. And Jan - the other forum I belong to has a member donation button that links to info on how to contribute. I think you should consider this, as it will help alert people to the fact that there are significant costs associated with this venture, and they can help.

See Jan's reply for her e-mail address, for contributions. You can use Pay-Pal... or she will give you the address to send a check. What a good way to start a new year! Best regards - Lois