Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My lovely daughter

I haven't read all the responses to your concern. If I repeat something forgive me.
I would check into food allergies, especially food preservatives and additives like MSG. Does she eat a lot of flavored chips, soups or chinese food?
I mention this because I'm convinced after many years of dealing with this and testing my food intake, that additives have a direct impact on me personally. When I behave myself and eat like a rabbit, I'm better. If I find myself eating the GOOD-BAD stuff, I'm a mess. Especially with flavored chips. Read labels and keep a log of her bad days. Shop on the outside isles of your grocery store to stay away from processed foods. Get her away from drinking anything except clean, healthy water ( not from plastic bottles). Try to eliminate plastic from your food life as much as possible. If she straightens out, start re-introducing stuff one at a time for a few days at a time and keep an accurate log. Look at her environment: make-up,shampoos, metal chains, piercings,clothes and bedding and the detergent you wash with as well as how much bleach you use. Do you have mice or cockroaches?Does she have any history of blood work you can look at and compare to something current. Have you seen an allergist? I would sit and list everything you possibly can about your daughter and change it all overnight then start over. I hope something I mentioned helps and I pray for her to be well. God bless, Dave

Re: Re: My lovely daughter

Thanks David!

I will indeed sit with her and suggest this. I personally never thought of it.