Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Teeth ?

I also grind my teeth and I am well aware of the impact of MC on the muscles that move my jaw. I was once lucky enough to have a dentist who actually knew what MC was and he could work with my enlarged muscles really well.

I have a problem opening my mouth wide enough because the muscles have grown so large, which makes having fillings, mostly due to the grinding, a torturous experience!

Re: Re: Teeth ?

Funny you should mention teeth/jaw, as my daughter was told she has T M J. The doctor told her to wear a mouth guard at night to protect her teeth while sleeping. Her jaw was paining so bad, she went to emerg. She has been having problems with her jaw for quite some time. {locking and snapping}. I also have problems sometimes when I yawn or chew something hard. MC can really effect every muscle in the body.

This is a great thread! Sometimes something just really "touches a nerve" - (sorry for the bad joke...)

I just saw this thread. I have the most sensitive teeth in the world. If I don't use a sensitive toothpaste every day, I am in total agony. I also have "cracked teeth" syndrome. I never associated any of this with MC ....until now! Mary

My jaw muscles are very tight to the point that I have had some pretty bad TMJ episodes from it being forced out of place, especially in the cold, and I have only recently been broken of the habit of clenching my teeth by the pain from unfinished crown work.