Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anesthesia

I know you received the info I sent to you personally about the doctor. I hope he responds to you. I think you will find him to be very helpful.

Best Jan.

Thanks, McB - I hope your doctor lets us add this to our growing library of helpful documents! Lois

Winks to you Lois and I hope you are well. Actually, the doctor that wrote that letter to me is not a doctor I ever met personally. I believe, GOD sends us messages in strange ways but meaningful ways. Almost two years ago I collapsed and almost died taking a drug that is commonly prescribed but has severe side affects and should be off the market, but that is a long story. I was one of the unlucky side affect persons as was this doctor. GOD's connection. Anyway, after finding out his specialty, I inquired about my son's Thomsen's and his profession. I just figured their had to be some link and precaution because anesthia involves the muscles. That was the letter he took time to kindly write me, that I shared above. I really hope that he responds to Jan and I bet he will. He seemed to really care about the plight of those with Myotonia and his profession.

Again Lois, winks and I hope you are doing well.

Just stopped by today to check for any recent treatment improvements. And I saw this post.

Just wanted to mentione that I coded during 2 separate surgeries. This was before I had the MC diagnosis. Had other surgeries after the dx and they went fine. Always mention it to the anesthesiologist.