Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rare bird Returns

Wow!

What a story! Makes me feel like a wimp!

I hope your recovery goes well and that you don't enjoy too many visits to the pizza place.

I wish you well!

I've had three c-sections in 4 years and my muscles in my stomach have healed very quickly and well. Even my ob/gyn comments on my abdominal muscles every time he is in there putting me back together again.
Do MCers normally have a harder time recovering form a muscle injury/surgery?

Hi Kelly,
The problem is laying around, or inactivity, my muscles get very stiff even after just a half an hour then moving is very painful, this is one of my PMC symptoms. Now multiply this by three months of inactivity with the loss of muscle mass and the muscles are really stiff--reclaiming muscle is very painful and hard under normal circumstances. I'm like a toddler learning how to walk, I tire out fast so it is a battle not being able to move.
Plus one broken bone is painful, I had over 100 fractures this takes 3 to 5 years to heal and I am a year and half into it.
The stress on the body from all the pain of the broken bones makes the muscles worse.
Another problem is cold, bone marrow produces the blood which keeps you warm, it is so stressed out healing bones when it feels over worked, like during surgery it shuts down. I can't stay warm, the muscles don't like that they get real uptight.
Considering that if I had a living will I would not be here, I'm doing great. The medical professionals are amazed at my recovery because of the massive injuries.
C-sections are serious things and I am glad you recovered very well. I know friends who have had them, they had to get moving, definitly not three months of bed rest. I have some MC symptoms, I don't remember if lack of movement makes your condition worse. Perhaps Jan can educate me on this.
The ability to heal could be affected by other conditons as well as the muscle disorder.
I had burns on my left leg which infected, one lung collasped, the other filled with blood both got an infection, and I got an infection in my abdomen from all the metal used to stabize my bones. It took awhile to shake off all the infections, even that impressed people. It wasn't just my muscles.
I bet those youngsters keep you moving, they must be a blessing.Rosa