Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Letter to Health Care Providers

Just read this powerful letter for the first time. Lois...wow...a huge thanks...I copied it.

Best wishes to you.

Well, shucks! Thanks. Jan was an enormous help in its execution, and I do sometimes wonder if it has proven useful for folks. I'm glad to hear positive feedback! Lois

Hi Jan,
Thank you for asking how I'm feeling. I still feel really tired with a slight amount of breathing difficulty after the Scinti Dye test, but hopefully the drug reaction will clear up soon. How are YOU doing? I'm glad to see Spring coming, even if we are having tons of rain!
Mary

Thank you! It is so hard to go to the doctor. I always feel I have to justify myself and what I have- then the provider still does not know what to do, so they usually tell me to go to my neurologist- who at this point is also more like a family doctor. I feel I can open up to him, and tell him more than any other health proffessional. He is a miracle worker in my eyes. I have actually been researching on my own, so I can tell doctors what I have- now I can show what you came up with-- a million thanks. I had to have my thoat stretched 2x in 3 month, and the 1st time, after I woke up, found the doctor did not know I had myotonia- everyone else but hime was told! He asked me if I had a family history with MD, but thought I did not have it (was going to tell me to get checked). This was a wake up for me. I can not tell you how scared I was. I did not wear a medical bracelet before (was never advised to). I went and bought one. I saw in the last issue of Quest information that led me to this site- thanks for the info on medical bracelets, I am looking at the info you gave and changing the bracelet I have and getting the service. I knew some about anethesia, but not enough.