Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Letter to Health Care Providers

Thank you! It is so hard to go to the doctor. I always feel I have to justify myself and what I have- then the provider still does not know what to do, so they usually tell me to go to my neurologist- who at this point is also more like a family doctor. I feel I can open up to him, and tell him more than any other health proffessional. He is a miracle worker in my eyes. I have actually been researching on my own, so I can tell doctors what I have- now I can show what you came up with-- a million thanks. I had to have my thoat stretched 2x in 3 month, and the 1st time, after I woke up, found the doctor did not know I had myotonia- everyone else but hime was told! He asked me if I had a family history with MD, but thought I did not have it (was going to tell me to get checked). This was a wake up for me. I can not tell you how scared I was. I did not wear a medical bracelet before (was never advised to). I went and bought one. I saw in the last issue of Quest information that led me to this site- thanks for the info on medical bracelets, I am looking at the info you gave and changing the bracelet I have and getting the service. I knew some about anethesia, but not enough.