Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Heat Radiation via Thermal Imagaing

I get strange sensations in my scalp all the time, as well as facial twitches. My neck muscles also stiffen up and if I don’t do something to relax them I suffer really bad headaches. I’ve no doubt that the myotonia is present and probably responsible.

As to the fever I have considered this but I actually felt fine, in fact I was pretty active and on the go for 9 hours. My wife is training to be a nurse and she assured me that if a fever was responsible for my strange thermal image, which she witnessed, then I would have had other symptoms as well, but my general health has been pretty good of late. I didn’t even fall asleep on the train home!

I’m glad people found this episode interesting because I certainly did.

Type of Myotonia: Becker's

Pete - My scalp has itched my entire life, for no apparent reason. I wonder if my little scalp muscles are having a twitching party up there?
I also know what you mean about the lock jaw/TMJ symptoms. Lois

Type of Myotonia: Myotonia Congenita, Becker's type

The worse thing about the sensations is that it occasionally feels as if something is crawling over my scalp or if someone has just touched me; the latter is pretty scary when I'm on my own and it's dark!

In fact the first one is too!

Type of Myotonia: Becker's

FOR SURE!! I am so glad to know I'm not alone in this crazy feeling - Some day, all these bizarre little symptoms may all be acknowledged. For now, I think a lot of us still think we are the "only ones". (I even saw a dermatologist, because I thought maybe I had an atypical type of psoriasis or seborrhea or something - but I was fine. Lois

This really makes me wonder now..I have suffered from
from what I call migraines, some neuro's say not so cause "migraines" will not show up on a EEG and I do not ever have a normal EEG, but anyone can tell well where my head hurts by feeling my head till they find the HOT spot. The area of the migraine will always be hot so that i will put ice packs on it..Have yet to find anything to control or manage these headaches, currently taking topamax, which has worked better than anything else they have ever tried..

Type of Myotonia: Thomsens MC

Karen - How interesting!! I had migraines from the time I was 11, until I had my hysterectomy at almost 52. (My parents never paid attention to my complaints, so I never knew what they were, besides horrendous, scary and miserable, until after I became an RN, and it dawned on me that the things I suffered were pretty classic migraines. However, I never had a formal diagnosis by any doctor - they just took my word for it. And I wasn't diagnosed with MC until I was 54 years old, 2 years later. It would be very interesting if this were yet another little oddity of this condition!!