Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Movie: Men Who Stare at Goats

Jim L

Now if the Army could only find out why startling them has this effect.

Why the army?

On the one hand I can appreciate the comic effect of the fainting goats, I've watched them on YouTube as well, but on the other this ignorance does annoy me.

Obviously the person who originally posted the above believes that the staring men can actually influence the goats into fainting and is totally ignorant of the existence of a latent myopathy within the animal.

Type of Myotonia: Becker's

Re: New Movie: Men Who Stare at Goats

I watched the trailer for the movie and the goats collapse like they've been tranquilized. Their legs aren't stiff like you'd see with the myotonic goats when they're startled.

However after raising goats for many years I can attest to the fact that they are extremely sensitive animals - for instance they will often just keel over and die if they're in much pain. I wish mine had been more susceptible to psychic influences...if so I might have been able to keep them from hiding under the milkstand, escaping and eating the neighbors' rose bushes and jumping on the roofs of cars!

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's