Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boxer Ricky Hatton

Jan, my son said he just watched something on Youtube about Ricky Hatton the boxer who was diagnosed with Myotonia Congentia. Are you aware of this? I'm sorry to hear about anyone being diagnosed with any disease but maybe if this is true we can get some support for all of us. A voice.

Re: Boxer Ricky Hatton

I saw the video. I'm not sure if he actually has MC, but his fall did like kind of awkward.

Type of Myotonia: Becker

I don't know about Ricky Hatton, but there is a new film out about Art Hafey who was ranked the top featherweight boxer back in the 70s. I have corresponded with the producer about MC and he did a great job of presenting the facts about the condition. I'll start a new thread about it including a link to the website.

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's MC

A little research and it seems that the boxer Ricky Hatton has been diagnosed with Thompson's MC.

I'm not a boxing fan so I missed this one but it's interesting that Google does not return links to any major British newspapers in relation to this story. Indeed, most of the medical concerns with Hatton appear to be with boxers developing Parkinson's Disease!

Also, all the retirement talk seems to concern the manner of his defeat by Manny Pacquiao back in May of this year.

This story has me curious, I'm going to dig some more!

Type of Myotonia: Becker's

Glad to see this has sparked interest. Please keep me posted on what people find out.

Have a blessed holiday season.

Having had a bit of a search, it looks more like some clever person likened Ricky Hatton's falling in his last fight to the fainting goats.
They made up a story on boxing forums and posted a YouTube video showing the similarity.

I could be wrong, but it has the hallmarks of a wind-up for the fans of Ricky Hatton.

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's