Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Myotonia Conference March 2011

Not only that, but because the economy is depressed, there are a lot of truly deep discounts on rooms, and on ancillary amenities. Viva Las Vegas!

Type of Myotonia: Myotonia Congenita, Becker's type

I would fly in for sure...100% with this and would be willing to help in any effort to see this happen.

Great. Now how do we raise money to find a place to meet?

We could contact places and see if they were willing to set up an account through PayPal that people could donate money into.

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

The Periodic Paralysis Association had invited us to participate in their conference last year in Orlando and said we could have our own side meetings but there wasn't much interest.

Their conference is always in October, and they used to have it in Las Vegas every year. I'll check to see if they have a location picked out. If it is in Vegas that would be the best bet. They ask for a voluntary registration of $50 for an individual and $100 for a family and have ion channel experts for speakers. Then we'd only have to organize our own seminars or events and would just need to pay for our lodging, not the meeting space.

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's MC

I just heard from someone with the PPA...they only hold conferences every 2 years now and that they are not planning to use Las Vegas as a destination in the future (she said it was not friendly to the periodic paralysis population).

So I guess we're on our own if we want to plan something for 2010.

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's MC

What about D.C.? The last time I was there, it was pretty friendly for people who have disabilities.

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

So is San Diego!

Type of Myotonia: Myotonia Congenita, Becker's type