Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Can I just rant a bit?

Oh Beth, How funny that you should post this... and ... suffice it to say that I am VERY glad to be rid of that same group! In my case(s), they really messed up!

Type of Myotonia: Myotonia Congenita, Becker's type

Lois,
I think that I have posted to some of your threads before but I haven't been on the forum in many months.

I have been on SS since 1991 when I was 21. I did not use an attorney or any professional help but wrote many many letters. My mom and I had a campaign of letter writing to the social security office. When I was denied I started writing to the congressmen and senators of the area asking them just to look into the matter, their office simply wrote a letter to SS saying they were interested in the case, nothing else... a few months later I was approved. I may not have been typical here either...I rarely am.
Suzi

Type of Myotonia: unknown

Suzi - I remember you saying something like that before, and at the time, my attorneys "had it all under control" - NOT! I have a new attorney, but I think the time is right to follow your lead. I am a veteran letter writer, and I think I'll bombard them all!
Thanks for the reminder and the nudge!! Lois

Type of Myotonia: Myotonia Congenita, Becker's type