Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sharing recipes

Hello folks,
Would any of you would be willing to share lunch or dinner recipes with me that you have found or have created that are healthy and myotonia congenita friendly?

Also, if you have any ideas for mid-morning and/or afternoon snacks that are healthy and MC friendly, I am much obliged.

I do get tired of eating almonds or yogurt for a snack, and I feel better when I eat small meals every three hours. Yesterday for a snack I made a smoothie with non-fat yogurt, Splenda, and blueberries and strawberries, and the blended fruit may have brought on too much insulin. I did not feel right the rest of the day.

Dinner is the most complicated meal for me because my hubby likes tasty food (though he should be eating low fat!). We both eat pasta only occasionally, and I think the new blended pastas don't bother me as much.

Breakfast and lunch are not too difficult. Breakfast is a whole grain cereal like Post Shredded Wheat & Bran with skim milk, or scrambled egg with sea salt and one piece of whole wheat toast. Lunch is fish, or chicken in a large salad with lots of veggies and low carb dressing, or a sandwich wrap using whole wheat or low carb tortillas. I get into trouble when I use canned soups or canned anything because of the additives.
Thank you so much for any feedback.
Have a good day. Mary

Type of Myotonia: Thomsens