Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MC Conference Cont.

I have been to the Red Rock Resort in Las Vegas,its a nice setting and away from the strip,I would love to attend.

Type of Myotonia: MC

No one has called me back yet, but I'll try to reach them this weekend or Monday.

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

I am in arizona and would love to come to this. I jsut found this site. I have never been diagnosed. My mom was along time ago but i can't remember the name right now but they said it had to do with the potassium channels. I have alot of issues when working out and going into a cold room. I also have issues in the cold. If i'm in the cold too long my hands close and i can't use them. Sucks when I have to zip my zipper up. I get it in my legs more than my arms. it seems I have alot of issues with diet as well. There have been many times I have had a hard time just standing up and it's been a battle my whole life. Anyways, working out helps me so much. I own a martial art school. here is actualy a youtube video of me and a camp i do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOFTopcp5w

I was a state champion in karate several times in my teens and even went to world championships. Didn't win there though. I just took up bodybuilding and since it effects my legs more i'm working my legs more and taking creatine and it seems to help a ton. I didn't mean to post so much but i got excited finding this site. I would love to hear what you guys think i have because my mom was diagnosed wrong and would love to come to whereever this even will be held. Thanks-Daniel Mattison

Type of Myotonia: undiagnosed just been living with it