Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: pregnancy

After Josh was born, my MC didn't ease up again until he was probably about 8. So I think that it was partially hormones, and partially just that I seem to have some sort of cycle that is around 10 years long... within that cycle (of not too awful, fairly awful and perfectly awful), I have mini periods of milder and worse symptoms. I have had days and a couple of weeks where the symptoms were so mild I barely noticed them, which was amazing - but never symptom free, in my whole life since I can remember (about 3 or 3 1/2 years old).

Oh - and I was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia this winter. I had my first trigger point injections last week... what fun - I'll try them for a while, but if they don't help significantly, I sure won't continue. And I won't take the drugs recommended for it. I'll just keep stretching and meditating and breathing.

Type of Myotonia: Myotonia Congenita, Becker's type

Re: pregnancy

Hi Sasha. I have experienced the same and my son is 7 years old now. My myotonia was not getting better before I was pregnant, but it has definitely been worse since.