Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fall

Nearly had one other day myself while playing table tennis. Somehow managed to get a hand on the table to steady myself but I must have looked like an idiot as the guy I was playing asked what was up.. told him I had slipped ...phew ...

Type of Myotonia: Beckers

Sorry to hear about your incident, hope that you soon recover and the pain subsides.

I use a walking stick when outside now, partly for balance and partly to let other people know that I have a mobility problem, it's not brilliant but it does help my confidence.

Type of Myotonia: Becker's

I have a collapsible cane but I don't always use it. I am not always that bad, but when my balance is off that badly, even the cane won't work. I would pretty much need a walker at that point, and I'm not using one of those for a long time, hopefully. :)

I have thought about looking into a walking stick. Sometimes if I was doing a walk or something with other people, I've been known to grab a large branch and use that as well. I am not too worried about what I look like anymore, more concerned I don't sustain any more serious injuries.

There's nothing worse than falling or almost falling in front of your friends and family members. I hate the looks I get from people when I stiffen up.