Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fall

Oh these all sound WAAY too familiar to me! I'm not digging into my happily repressed past to share any of my oopsies right now - but I sure can relate!

Type of Myotonia: MC- Becker's type

OK, i got one... i have a step daughter, she 9... she has been trying to do tricks on her bike. she been trying to ride it backwards. of course i said, "ya, i can do that, i'll show you" BIG mistake. i got on her 20 inch bike and tried to ride it backwards. well my foot slipped off the pedal, i lost balance, and u know how that goes, when u lose balance u stiffen up and fall like a cut tree. so i tipped over on my side, broke a rib. my daughter laughed about it for a minute, cause as im sure you all know, a fall this way looks pretty funny. sure wish it felt as funny as it looks. im curious if anyone is from MICHIGAN?? if anyone is, please contact me, as i would love to talk, or make freinds with anyone who has MC. im 30 years old, and was diagnosed when i was 16. contact me if u are in the detroit area Luckydayz420@yahoo.com

Type of Myotonia: myotonia congenita

Hi Teresa,

Ok, I just read this... I am sorry this happened to you. I remember a few stories... like when I was on my first "date" we were 12 or 13 and we were going to ride our bikes to the park and hang out, well, I got on my bike and stiffened up right away, I called out that I needed help and the boy just looked at me. Later he said sure he could have helped but it did not look like I needed it. I was falling in such so motion he said he could have made it to me 20 times over. (he is now my sister's brother-in-law so I still see him sometimes so we can joke about it now that we know why).

Being at a door that you have just rang the doorbell for at a strangers house ( If you can not guess I am one of those JW's) and having the householder swing the door open to tell you to leave. You wish them a good day and not move...uh...still not moving... then calling out to you 3 year old son to come and help mommy down the stairs. Then the children always asking me why I can be fine and then need help all in the same 3 steps. Hard to explain.

I have had many more experiences but will open the floor for others to join in again....

Suzi

Type of Myotonia: ?? keep getting the run around from my Dr about the DNA test