Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Short Video on Myotonia

Thanks Lois.

I tried to get up as fast as I could after I fell just like the goats do. This caused my hands to stiffen, which looks just the goats legs look after they fall.

I would like to follow someone with a camera for a couple of days, just video taping everything they do. This way people would be able to see someone with MC at their stiffest, at their loosest and the way people see them most of the time. This would tell the whole story of what it feels like to have MC, when most of the time people don't notice and then all of a sudden it's like--Big Surprise! People are really shocked by this, because it is so different from what they are expecting.

I think for children, this is something that can take a while to get used to--people's reactions to those moments when you're really stiff.

Re: Short Video on Myotonia

Hey Pete - Good thinking!

Jim - In my younger days, I might have been a great subject for you to follow. Except that back then, I didn't know what I had, and I spent a LOT of energy hiding it, compensating for it, and avoiding it - since I was told "IT" didn't exist. Now that I am old, fat and slow, I can't get into nearly as much trouble!! I guess that's one positive spin... Lois

Type of Myotonia: MC- Becker's type