Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EFT, *Emotional Freedom Technique, and MC

I've used something like this all my life, although it's something that I've developed myself rather than having been taught it.

It's just one part of an overall strategy I use to get me through each day. I nurture a very positive attitude, remain calm as much as possible, think movements through before doing them such as getting out of a car, climbing stiars, etc. When experiencing a stressful event, usually when the MC is inhibiting me (and that's usually on the stairs) I use repetative mental messages to get me through. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but I always feel better for haivng tried.

It has to be part of an holistic approach though, it won't move a mountain on its' own.

Type of Myotonia: Becker's

Re: EFT, *Emotional Freedom Technique, and MC

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself. I know that can be hard but it really does relieve the tension for the moment. Sometimes when I get stuck in a crowd and I see someone looking at me I just say "I'm stuck. It will go away in a moment." Some of them will look at me like I am a freak and that's their downfall. Some will become curious and ask what is going on with me and I will explain. Most of the time they are very interested in what I have to say. This also gives me time to work the muscles and warm them up. I think education is the key and every time I educate someone, that is one more person that knows what MC is. I especially like to include the myatonic goats in the conversation. That really sparks their interest. I'm sure they go home like I would and look up the condition both in humans and in animals. I'm not at all embarrassed being in the same catagory as the goats. Goats are a lot of fun and are very intelegent animals. Most of them I have had are a lot more personable than most people and they love un-conditionally. Or at least as long as you feed them
Teresa

Type of Myotonia: un-known