Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anyone in Scotland

Hello from Yorkshire!

I was diagnosed as a child but it was only recently that my situation was clarified after I discovered a medical paper on the internet that was written about me.

I use Mexitil to reduce my myotonic symptoms and I am currently stabilised. I don't live without muscle stiffness, it just a lot less than it used to be.

Type of Myotonia: Becker's

Hi, I tried Mexilitene a while back, but seemed to make me extremely light headed and spaced out. With two young daughters, wasn't for me at that time!
We travel to North Yorks for our hols most years.

With myotonia, the journeys a challenge. Just as well we've had great weather each time.

Hi, My myotonia fluctuated greatly! I could go for short spells with no myotonia, on/off days, and then have a really bad spell of stiffness, particularly in winter followed by days of weakness. Medication has alleviated this to some extent, but still get episodes. My daughter is fantastic. She is very mature about her condition.

Hi from North of England ...same experiences as most on this forum... though havent 'planked' for quite a while ...

Type of Myotonia: Beckers

Hi Seems like there are a few of us in the UK after all! I'm much better, with few episodes since on medication, but I had some form of stiffness almost every day, sometimes only my eyes, or hands, other days more severe episodes. My daughter is following same pattern so I can pick up the signs early - just hope school can too.