Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How many here are affected by cold?

Actually the cold doesn't seem to bother me that much beyond making me cold!

I've enver avoided going out just because it was cold and I can't say that I've ever noticed my MC being the worse for it either.

I must be a freak?!

Type of Myotonia: Becker's

my daughter and I are affected by cold..... in the winter i notice that my muscles are a lot worse ... and i have also noticed it with my daughter.... when getting out of bed... i feel like my legs have shrunk during the night... so when i get out of bed... i gotta warm my legs up so that they dont hurt anymore...... now that spring is here.... i have noticed that my legs are not hurting as much as they did in the winter...... they are locking less.... and the feeling of my legs shrinking during the night is not as bad as it was.....

Type of Myotonia: thomsen's

Since I started this thread I thought I'd tell about myself some lol :).

I don't really notice the heat making my myotonia better necessarily, but I do know cold makes it awful. If I go outside on a cold windy day I had better be getting back inside very quickly or I won't be able to move. I have had times of going sled riding in the winter that have ended with me barely being able to walk home. I also went out with my husband on a four wheeler in the snow once, and with the cold and the wind from riding I swear I was as close to paralyzed as I've ever felt lol. It was hard to even blink, and my tongue was so stiff I could hardly talk at all.

I've also noticed that when I get very cold when I'm outside that going inside into the heat almost makes the symptoms seem even worse than they were feeling in the cold for a while. It's like while I'm warming up the stiffness hits me even harder. Anyone else ever notice this?

Hi all. I've been pondering this cold issue for years, and lately I've come to a conclusion that "dry cold" does not make me more stiff, but "wet cold" does. Funnily though, combination of moisture & warm helps my myotonia; that's why I enjoy trips to Caribbean...

Type of Myotonia: Becker

Hello.

I get affected by cold weather and winds. Especially in the face muscles (Because it's not covered).
Too much heat can be bad to. But I prefer heat anyday...
Summertime is the best time for me! Cheers.