Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Replacing Mexiletine with Flecainide

Here's a letter written by Dr. Lehmann-Horn in Germany regarding how to replace mexiletine with flecainide. This link translates the page from German to English.

Dr. Lehmann-Horn's Letter Regarding Flecainide

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

Re: Replacing Mexiletine with Flecainide

Ha! The translation made that interesting to read, which is no criticism of Frank Lehmann-Horn and Karin Jurkat-Rott, I much appreciate their efforts.

I'm going to write to my neurologist and see what he thinks about trialling flecainide.

Type of Myotonia: Becker's

Re: Replacing Mexiletine with Flecainide

Thank you Jan for this information! It's really precious. I discussed about Flecainide with my doctor, and we're going to try Flecainide as soon as my doctor has done ultrasound test to my heart. (He thought that it is necessary to check the heart completely, as afaik Flecainide might have some risks in case patient has some latent heart failure.)

This piece of information is especially valuable to me because my cardiologist, although very familiar with Flecainide, had never before described it to any other than heart based reasons. Now we know what kind of dosage to try. :)

I hopefully can start the new medicine in May, as I'm going to be on a vacation in Florida during April.

Happy weekend to everybody!

Type of Myotonia: Becker's