Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hand Muscle Weakness

Hi Jenny
A shopping cart has been the biggest help to me for many years when I'm out and buy goods. The more and heavy things that come into the wagon, I have the easier time getting around. During the periods where I do not have large stiffness problems, so everything is very easy for me.

Jan
you mention just right a walker, I'll have one at a time. Have been meeting with two occupational therapists. They were both quickly realized that in my case it was probably not the solution. If I have to have a walker, it must be extra high. I am 197 cm tall. There must be fitted with extra weights on the walker up to 10 kg. Otherwise I fall over with the walker. But then it makes quite a few problems if you are going up along sidewalks and elevations. In a short time I have a new car, it is arranged so that there is room and easy access environment for a walker.
But for the vast majority would a walker be a very good thing. Try it out

You write it right that it's fear and MC together that blocks us who suffer from it. The big problem is how to get out of this vicious circle. From what I have learned that there is not any medicine that can help. Got a couple of years ago Lyrica, which might be the solution to the problem. Had no effect.
Kjeld

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen