Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
very important thing happened to me, please advice

Dear All,

I found mexitil, and i was taking flecainide, so i stopped flecainide immediately and started mexitil, but i feel much more bad, and my sexual inharesemnt is worser, and i am not normal as every morning concerning my sexual issues

please advice, as I can't find a doctor except next month

Type of Myotonia: Congenita

Re: very important thing happened to me, please advice

I checked all the medical literature concerning Mexitil and can't find a single report of erectile dysfunction related to using it. There are many other drugs that could have that effect, but it doesn't appear that Mexitil is one of them.

If you haven't taken anything else (like an anti-depressant) and are sure that's the cause then I would definitely stop taking it till you can discuss it with your doctor, especially since you are feeling worse.

Have you had DNA testing to find out which type of myotonia you have? You may need a different class of medication to help your myotonia.

When you start taking Mexitil (or any medication for myotonia) you have to start with a low dose and work up to the maximum dose slowly. Also be sure you got your Mexitil from a legitimate pharmacy. Many places online claim to be selling it but replace it with something else. I would talk to your pharmacist and make sure you got the right prescription.

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

Re: very important thing happened to me, please advice

Thanks so much for your reply, but the other thing i went to the sauna 2 times, so i felt with that is that a problem

please answer me

Type of Myotonia: conjenata

Erectile Dysfunction with Mexiletine

I have erectile dysfunction and I can't honestly say whether or not Mexiletine is the problem or not. You need to have your testosterone levels checked by your doctor to see what is going on. My T levels were extremely low and I am on testosterone replacement therapy. I also have to use the tri-mix compound shots to obtain an erection that will last. The shots work very well. If you have continuing problems, you can ask your doctor about those. Best Regards, Staurt

Type of Myotonia: Thomsens