Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Autosomal dominant/recessive inheritance graphic

Jan (or anyone), I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction to a visual/graph of the Becker's MC and Thompson's MC as it is passed down through a family. Generations. Something simple. My son was asking about looking at one. He is getting very interested in all of this. He just started College at Pikes Peak CC, in Colorado Springs, CO :) For summer classes. He just finished six years in the USAF. His major is going to be science. I have two pics that I can show him but wondered if there is something better.

/Users/t2admin/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2012/Jun 2, 2012_4/Autosomalrecessiveinheritance.jpg

/Users/t2admin/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2012/Jun 2, 2012_5/Autosomaldominantinheritance.jpg

Do these two work?

Type of Myotonia: Becker's Type

Re: Autosomal dominant/recessive inheritance graphic

Tammy,

I couldn't open your images, but this is one of the better explanations that I have seen:

Myotonia Congenita Inheritance Charts

He's the only other person I know of in Colorado Springs with MC

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

Oops...just realized you didn't say that he has MC!

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

No... :) He doesn't have MC. It's only me. But, finally he has the time to talk more about it with me now that he is out of the USAF. He is my little scientist. LOL!! Very exciting to have him asking so many questions. He is 25 and my two older children are 30 and 32. They are do their best to be onboard, but they have very busy lives of their own. And live in other states as well. I am in MI. BTW...Jordan LOVES Colorado Springs!! I can't wait to visit him there!

Sorry you could open the pics Jan. I'm going to check out what you sent to me now....

Type of Myotonia: Becker's Type