Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Quality of Life Comparison

You are welcoome.

Type of Myotonia: still unknown

Okay, I've read it, it was like deja vu!

I'm glad that the paper was written but I see no evidence, in Britain at least, of it changing anything.

That said, I also experienced the feeling of vindication with regards to my attempts to communicate what I actually felt to the medical community!

The fact is that if you have MC then the chances are that you are never going to get either the recognistion or the support needed to cope with it, which means that the low quality of life view is hardly surprising!

Type of Myotonia: Becker's

I really have a difficult time getting people to believe I have a problem with my hands, fairly limited to writing. I had to rest half way through addressing an envelope the other day, which I'm pretty sure isn't normal. It's been a problem at school.

Type of Myotonia: Becker

I don't do much handwriting these days but when I did it used to change depending upon how severe my symptoms were. I always prided myself on a clear, concise style but it was difficult to maintain this when the MC was particularly bad.

I have a problem with the speed of my typing, and accuracy too, that is clearly linked to the MC.

Type of Myotonia: Becker's