Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
question kind of off topic

I would like to know, if anyone here has heard of or used Serrapeptase.
I have Mytotoia, arthritis and probably Elhers-Danlos (spelling?)
I have ulcers, low functioning gall bladder(25to 30%), multiple hernia repairs and a lot of adheisions connecting a large mesh to my bladder, uterus, and stomach. With all of this scarring and the arthritis my husband was looking up how to help any of it and came across this Serrapeptase. It claims to eat tissue in a healthy way.
Jan or Lois, I was hoping you might have any insight, as well as ANYONE else.
Thank you,
Suzi

Type of Myotonia: unknown

Re: question kind of off topic

Suzi,

I have never tried it myself but I have read many good things about it. It certainly can't hurt.

Ehlers-Danlos runs in my family and it is very strongly correlated with digestive symptoms, adhesions, scarring, etc. It can also contribute to arthritis. It's important to get enough sulfur containing amino acids like cysteine. Bioactive whey powder is one of the best things I have found to help the connective tissue defect. You can get it from SwansonVitamins.com, iHerb.com or other online vitamin stores. The brand name is ImmunoPro from Swanson and Vital Whey (cheaper) from iHerb. They're made by a company called Well Wisdom. Regular whey powder like bodybuilders use doesn't have the same effect because it has been heat-processed.

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

Re: Serrapeptase

A friend of mine just recommended that I try Serrapeptase, the enzyme produced by the silkworm, which helps to reduce inflammation in the body. The degenerative disc disease in my back has been acting up. She claims that this enzyme is fantastic and truly works. I searched on the myotonia website and found this post from Suzi, along with Jan's reply, regarding Serrapeptase. I will let you know how well it works!!
Mary

Type of Myotonia: Paramyotonia Congenita

Re: Serrapeptase

I have never tried it personally, but many people have told me it really helps with inflammation. Let us know how you do and if it has any effect on the myotonia -

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's