Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Literature on MC

I decided to write scientific article about myotonia, but literature on this subject is decently non existant. Textbooks are basically lame, while articles are too specific. All the research is done too specifically and there's no where to be written about pathophysiology of MC and stuff like that.

So I'm turning to you, Jan, if you can help me out a bit and I'll translate the article,send it to you and you can make it sound better in english and send it to doctors/post it on this site,etc. :)

But basically any science article about it, research, textbook article,etc...anything is usefull.

Thank you

Type of Myotonia: PAM- potassium aggrevated myotonia, SCN4A

Re: Literature on MC

Kristina,

If you click on the "return to website" link above and scroll down near the bottom of the page there is a link to an article from Quest magazine that is very good. There are a few other references that might be helpful.

Thanks for working on an article. I can post it on the website when you're finished and would be glad to check the English for you.

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's