Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mutationcode.nr?

Hi!

My Dr told me when he examined me that I had one mild form of Becker...but this was on a good day, and maybe he said so because that the EMG I took a couple of weeks prior that showed just mild. Personaly I disagree because the days when I feel the symptoms I feel handicaped in many ways.

I wonder if the Beckers come in different degrees of severity? Is that why several others here ask and tell the mutationcode nr?

In the letter i received home the dna test nr didt tell the nr only the sort of mc..maybe i should ask my dr...

/MTI

Type of Myotonia: Becker

Re: mutationcode.nr?

MTI:

I don't know that they have really been able to correlate severity of symptoms with certain mutations except in a few cases. For example there are some mutations that only seem to cause symptoms during pregnancy.

It's possible your doctor just said you have a mild case based on the severity of symptoms you presented with that day, and was unaware that they could fluctuate.

Re: mutationcode.nr?

Thank´s Jenna for the reply!

Let´s se what the future hold.. If they will be able to point out severity, kinds of manifestation to some mutations and maybe target the mc with right medications and so on.....

I will ask my neurologist next time I see him what mutation i have :-)