Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
south florida support group

hi all,

i'm local to south florida and would love to actually meet someone that is afflicted with the same challenges as myself. anywhere from west palm beach to miami would be ideal. hope i can connect with one of you out there! take care...

Type of Myotonia: thomsens

Re: south florida support group

Amanda:

Being these aren't very common disorders, it would be unlikely that there would be enough people in one area to form an offline support group. However there might be a myotonic muscular dystrophy support group in your area. Those withmyotonic muscular dystrophy type II can present in a very similar fashion to those who have MC, though they seem to have more profound weakness. You might be able to attend their support group if there is one in your area.

Type of Myotonia: Becker

one individual would work...just hoping someone will see this. thanks for the advice though.

Type of Myotonia: thomsens

You might try asking on the Facebook myotonias group if no one here is from South Florida.

Type of Myotonia: Becker

Hi Amanda, I live in Miami, this is my first time on this forum. I know it's been almost 2 years since your post. Let me know if this is something you are still interested in.

Thanks