Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: my family recently came in contact with a pesticide called Bifenthrin which is a pyrathriod

so i called the the state pesticide registry. they want $50 and the $10 every 4 months to keep me on the list...SIGH....thats going to have to wait for a few months so we can save up. 3 years ago this would not have been a problem. i could have gone and paid it that day. Now we even count our pennys barely living pay check to pay check. could this get any more depressing. and baby girl is better today. noticed alot of muscle twitching in her sleep and whimpering. ooh and a nice hot chamomile bath helped her stomac muscles and the rest of her muscles to relax enough. she stopped puking after and fell right to sleep

Type of Myotonia: thompsons

Re: my family recently came in contact with a pesticide called Bifenthrin which is a pyrathriod

I can't believe your state makes you pay to be on the registry! It would be a good idea to call the environmental health section of your county health department and report the reaction to them. It really sounds like they used a concentrated dose for her to become that ill and the company needs to be investigated.

I was interested in your comment about chamomile helping. I looked it up to see if it might have an effect on the chloride ion channel, and it does:

Chamomile

This is about the GABA receptors on the chloride ion channel in the brain, but it should have a similar impact on skeletal muscle.

Thanks for sharing!

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

If your daughter has been vomiting after they sprayed pesticide,I would take her to the hospital.

Type of Myotonia: Becker

we took her in to her doctor. shes ok now. spent most of that day sleeping.

Type of Myotonia: thompsons