Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alicia's son- help

Hi Alicia, I have a daughter Paige who was diagnosed aged 8 with MC Becker. We knew from her being a little girl that something was wrong but it took years to be diagnosed. At first we were so scared and did not know what to expect.Would she live a normal life and would she be able to manage without the help of me and my husband. Paige is 11 years old now and can do everything any of her friends can do she excels with her schoolwork and manages with her PE lessons.We have found that the letter to the teachers has worked wonders and providing that everyone is aware of the condition your son will manage with your help. When it comes to medication we have found that Paige is ok with pain killers for the pain that MC brings and we spend a lot of time massaging her muscles to help with her movement. As a family we have decided not to have prescribed drugs because the side effects can be as alarming as the MC.If you have any questions please write. Joanne