Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Further testing

Hi Jan,
I appreciate for your support in this matter. I have Athena test result i can email to you maybe you can explain to me better. About Isabelle, she had fresh muscle biopsies done when she was 3 by DR SHOFFNER.yes she is on l'carnitine and q10. she is on formula bright begginings soy pediatric drink.SHE doesn't eat at all.We feed her by syringe. otherwise she will not eat at all on her own.About my other 2 kids testing. my husband to afraid to do the test.he dosn't want them to live in fear. beacause they both so active in sport.i don't know how i can digest this information about genetic disorder. i wish i know my parent and their family. the sad part i don't know anything about them.my adopted mother still denied my right.i just pray to god that my other 2 kids will be ok now and the future.i don't i can take anymore of this whole ordeal.When i look at IZZY. i feel so responsible that i am giving her the bad gene that she has to go through lives like this.I think no matter what in this lives no parent want to see their child go through pain.i will check the lab in south carolina. and my vitamin d. THANK'S AGAIN. MY HUSBAND EMAIL stevenjordan@msn.com
email me your email address i will email you my test result from Athena. michelle

Type of Myotonia: scn4a