Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anxiety/adrenaline-mediated myotonia

Hi Reya
A very good post you write here, a topic that is difficult if not impossible for people to understand - if they do not have it.
You write very aptly "Stifness, beacause they once had a problem that led two anxiety"

My experience says that there are several things that come into play. Periods with much stiffness. During these periods is adrenaline in the body of full strength and even just walking around in his own home is virtually impossible. What then trigger these periods is a mystery. I've tried everything, changing my diet, blamed the weather to cause it, and another.
The only cure if you are stuck somewhere, is to lie down on the ground and get up again and again and again. So all the muscles warmed up so much that you can walk "normally" again a short time. This is much easier said than done. Just before Christmas I was out shopping in a store, and drove to a shopping cart, suddenly froze solid I could not go to the box, which was 4 feet from where I stood. So it is by no means fun having to lie on the floor and up again a couple of times, people think the one is crazy. The problem is adrenaline takes power over the body. In good times, would something like that never happen.

It all started as you wrote, once I had a problem with Thomsen.

Kjeld

I

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen