Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do you struggle with efficiency?

I'd like to pose an alternate view on this question. Are we talking about efficiency or organizational skills? Not trying to hamstring anyone here, but curious.

I have never viewed either of those traits as concomitant with Myotonia. I would think they are more related to your dominant hemisphere. Right brained people are going to have difficulties with organizational skills and efficiency, but will have really good color and visual skills. It is not an insult, it is just normal. Jim, considering you tend to be creative (your films) I would bet if you took a hemisphere test, you would be right brained. Left brained, or logical minded people likely will have much more ease with efficiency and organization.

Example with Myotonia included. (Yes I am witing this ad hoc)
Scenario: - there are 15 jars of jam sitting on the floor - various types, they need to be put into a shelf above in one of the cabinets. For the myotonia in this, the floor to cabinet lift is going to be a hassle.

Right Brained: Jars will go up one at a time, looked at on the way up and will likely be organized by color, size, or image on the front when put away.

Left Brained: Will go get a basket, put all the jars in it, move them to the counter, then place them in the cabinet by label classification.

Neither way is correct or wrong. It is all based on perception depending on which hemisphere is dominant.

I could also be entirely full of crap, been known to happen (I am 50/50 dominant). But, something to think about.

Type of Myotonia: Acetazolamide Reactive (Testing)