Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: backe ache???

Hi Paige,

My back pain has been so bad, especially after I fell down the steps and broke my foot (because I fell down the steps on my back). Plus, the orthotic boot didn't help as I was lopsided and that caused undue stress and pain to my back and hip. I recently had x-rays done on my lower back and they told me I have degenerative disk disease and I should go to physical therapy. I have an HMO right now and the place that I am capitated to is impossible to get in and it's just a major pain to get there. So, I have muscle relaxers, but I can't take them during the day, obviously, so I have been taking ibuprofen and naproxyn sodium (not together).

I started looking up exercises for lower back pain on the internet. If I find any good ones, I'll let you know!

Re: backe ache???

hi rolma,
thanks loads for replying! and yeah that would be great! it's weird, last week i hurt my leg ( due to MC) and my back pain went! in fact it was like MC wasnt there, But now im better my MC is even worse. my back is always sore and i have to take medicine nearly everyday. (just ibuprofen and paracetamol). so yeah i wonder if when you hurt yourself it gets rid of MC?!
from Paige

Type of Myotonia: becker