Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: can I escap from myotonia congenita

Just wanted to say, you should not despair...
I was diagnosed 45years ago, and spent 10 years on debilitating medication which left me with serious side effects.
Eventually I came off the meds..and went holistic.. found myself a guru Homeopathist...and had 7years continual treatment.
I had to cut out all additives, packets , tins of food...eat only natural food..mainly vegetarian..some fish, or chicken, but no meat.
No chemical tabs for headaches etc....only Holistic stuff....herbal etc..
I take no antibiotics...absolutely nothing like that....
Chinese medicine, accupuncture...it all helped...
Yes it was a commitment...yes it was a mission... But all these years later, I can shake hands, I can climb steps..and I am not in a wheelchair.
My myotonia is still there...and difficult behind the eyes when it gives me double visionetc...
However...I am up and running , and able to hide the condition from everyone,instead of being a disabled person....there isn't a cure, but you can improve your life and put the serious disability into remission...
If I overdo things, eat the wrong stuff etc, its back with a vengeance... But nothing like it was on hospital medication....
Nowadays, most people would not know I am ill.
Take heart...and go holistic...it works.....

Type of Myotonia: Para myotonia congenita