Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
always tired

hi everyone,
I think ive mentioned before about tiredness, but lately, ive been feeling as though i can't even get up after sitting down because i'm so tired. I'm also finding it hard to do exersize now because i never seem to find energy. I have a healthy diet and get enough sleep, so i really don't know what it is. If anyone could help i would like that.
thank you.
Paige
(Becker)

Type of Myotonia: becker

Re: always tired

Paige, is it tired like no energy or more weakness? It would be nice if you could get some blood drawn when you feel that way to see what your potassium looks like.

I think the important thing is to be sure your doctor looks for other reasons for fatigue. For instance mononucleosis is very common in your age group.

Fatigue is certainly common with MC but if it's getting worse then I would suspect another cause.

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

Re: always tired

Hi Paige:

A few years ago I started to feel really run down to where I would instantly want to get my pajamas on and rest some place warm after getting home, even if it was still light out. It turns out I was anemic and iron deficient. The doctor put me on some iron pills, which rectified the problem. You shouldn't assume this is the cause of your fatigue though, because it might not be, and it can be dangerous to take iron pills if you are not iron deficient. As Jan suggested, I would have some blood work done. Also have them check your thyroid.

Type of Myotonia: Becker