Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pregnant with twins!

Congratulations! I have only known one person with MC who had twins and he didn't have to carry them :-)

Have you asked on the Facebook group? The link is above.

Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

Thanks! I will ask on facebook!!

Cynthia:

Congratulations! Are they identical?

Jenna

Type of Myotonia: Becker

Nope! They are fraternal. I am having a boy and a girl! I am so very excited for them!

I have Myontia but didn't know it when I was pregnant. I had twins 7 years ago. Most of the struggles I had during my pregnancy were related to the size of my stomach. I seem to have things that "flare" up symptoms but pregnancy isn't one of them. Congrats, twins is an adventure! :)

hello, firstly congratulations! I have never been pregnant with multiples but i have had 3 babies! I definitely noticed a increase in symptoms the more pregnant i got. i never had symptoms with my first pregnancy perhaps because i was younger but i definitely noticed it with my 2nd pregnancy when i was 33. He was a rather large baby (10 lbs) and that was after the crash diet the last couple of months. It was in between 2nd and 3rd pregnancy that i was finally diagnosed with myotonia congenita so i was more aware of the symptoms during my last pregnancy at 38. I'm not sure if my symptoms were worse because i knew about them or because they were actually worse. I know at work they forbade me from using a certain staircase for fear i would fall while i was pregnant so obviously it was noticeable to my colleagues that i was having trouble.. Take it easy, walk slowly and do what you can. that's the only advice I can give you. Good luck
kd

Type of Myotonia: unknown, not yet discovered apparently

Hi Cynthia,
I am 27 weeks along with my 4th single pregnancy. This has happened dramatically with every one, from day one for me. I think it is part of the deal, I know it is for me. Trying to climb stairs is like pulling a stoneboat a mile, I find I get so frustrated it makes me cry, yell, curse. Every muscle is affected much more through pregnancy for me, I even have trouble swallowing and my eyes get stuck looking a certain direction. It is frustrating and I find it makes this period of our lives that should be so beautiful, simply long and exhausting. Some days I just give up, if I've sat down I know it's going to be hard to get back up without help. You're not alone, just count down and it does get better after your body is yours again, at least it does for me. Hang in there.

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's Disease