Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
work

Hi everyone. I am Craig and I've had Myotonia Congenita since grade 1. I'm 37 now and have managed to work as a Mason for over 11 years. It seems to fit my condition because of the repetition. Also because I don't work on rain days or severely cold days lol which seem to be some of my worse days. Just wondering what everyone does for work and how they adapt to the condition at work? Anyone tried Taurine to treat it? I Just picked some up and am going to try 3000 mgs
a day along with the Baclofen my MD prescribed for me last week. Which seem to be helping.

Type of Myotonia: Congenita

Re: work

Hi Craig:

I'm kind of limited in my job options because I develop muscle stamina issues in my lower torso which makes it difficult for me to do anything that requires I support my arms above a certain level for very long, and I have hip problems which can make it difficult to sit for long periods or stand on my feet all day.
To top it off, my upper back/shoulder muscles tend to cramp up painfully at the end of the day.

My current job at school seems to have the perfect ratio of up time to down time though. I set up and control equipment for lectures and certain events. I'm usually never up for more than 30 minutes and I'm never sitting for more than two hours, and I get a lot of walking in between.

Jenna

Type of Myotonia: Becker