Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New here!

Hi everybody! i am new to this forum today and actually didn't think id learn so much about other people with the same things going as me!

I just wanted to find out really about how i would be affected if i go to the gym and want to train weights in a bodybuilding/shaping program.

I used to go to the gym regularly when i was around 15-16 most days and i found that i build really quite fast and others did comment. but ive never been entirely sure that its down to MC

Also have raced in motocross competitions since i was 7 years old and althogh MC has affected me on the start gate as being relaxed, waiting for the countdown to start a race.. i did feel a bit "above normal strength"

More recently i have taken myself off my motorcycle and have lost a substantial amount of weight.. weighing in at just over 16 stone with little fat whilst racing and gym training it atually felt quite good.
Now i am more cardio riding my bmx competitively and althogh MC really affects my riding i try not to let it get to me.

i am now taking mexiletine daily to "Free me up" but it makes my heart race and i feel like my temper can change at any time.

if anyone could shine a light on this for me that would be great.

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen