Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mexilitene

Hello,

I've recently started on Mexilitene. Did a week at 100mg and have now been at 200mg for the last week. Some of my muscles are feeling slightly more soar. I'm having a little trouble focussing and need to concentrate a little harder to carry and follow a conversation. Is this normal? Does this go away after you get used to it? I realize everyone reacts differently. Any tips on what I should be feeling in my first few weeks? Any tips on what I should expect?

Thanks!

Eric

Type of Myotonia: Paramyotonia

Re: mexilitene

Eric, there does seem to be a period where you adjust to the medication. If your muscles are sore, that could be an electrolyte issue and should be checked. Here's a list of side effects from WebMD.
Common and Rare Side Effects for Mexitil Oral

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

Re: mexilitene

Thanks for the response.

Muscles aren't much more sore, but just noticed the difference in the last week. I'll give it a few more days before following up with my doctor.

This is the first time I take any meds for a long period. Just looking for feedback on how long the adjustment typically lasts for Mexiletine.

Hopefully the fogginess goes away.

Thanks!

Eric

Type of Myotonia: Paramyotonia