Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Managable when younger, but now becoming stronger?

I have the Thompson type. Understood I've had this issue since pre-teen. Only recently diagnosed. I'm 75 and have started using a cane a couple years ago. I use the folding kind. I don't need it when walking around indoors but outdoors stumbling can be a problem since recovery from a pavement irregularity may cause a fall. Since I don't need it all the time, I am in danger of leaving it behind. The most convenient way to have it along with me is to put it in a wine bottle bag (59 cents at Trader Joe) looped on my belt. Before I figured this out, I purchased several cane holsters at Amazon. They were wholly unsatisfactory. One of my sons says he thinks he has it. It cannot be very bad with him because I know it well and never suspected he had it. I'd not know now except when I got diagnosed and reported it to my kids, he replied he thought he had it too.

I haven't noticed any allergy connections. I have a little asthma but believe it unrelated.

Type of Myotonia: Thompson