Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Am I the only one who finds relief this way?

I understand the forums rules on illegal drugs. But with more and more states decriminalizing and even legalizing it and supplying it to the public, this is the time to talk about it.

I've confirmed with others on the forum that I'm not the only one who feels the stiffness waiting to bite you when you use a muscle that's been dormant too long. And usually when I feel its toxic presence, it comes on very strongly.

But I've noticed a couple of things.

If I've been drinking alcohol and am under the effects of the substance, a lot of the initial bite doesn't exist. I can nearly run up the stairs 2 by 2. Sure it grabs me, but not with such intensity compared to a sober me.

Secondly, if I'm relaxing around the home and am under the influence of marijuana, the bite is timid. It is definitely still there, it definitely still grabs hard, but it seems to relinquish its grip MUCH sooner.

Especially as a musician I'm often playing gigs where I have to change the muscles I use in my hand often. If I'm going from a simple chord progression to playing some lead melodies, myotonia has something to say about it. But if I'm either tipsy or a little stoned, these problems are reduced greatly.

I'm in no way encouraging people to turn to substance abuse for relief but I'm incredibly curious if this is a consistent effect throughout the community.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Josh

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

Re: Am I the only one who finds relief this way?

Josh, I don't have any problem with people discussing various treatments. However when I started this form I made a commitment to parents to keep it family friendly because many kids were reading the posts.

I would appreciate it if you would take the discussion to the Facebook page (link above).

Thanks -

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's