Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Forum: Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Medications

By dependent I mean that if I go off of it for even a day I start getting stiffer(as expected) but after two or three days I literally cannot get out of bed without fighting every muscle in my body. It feels like I am even stiffer than what is was before I went on the medication, but that might must be because I haven't felt that way for long periods for 11 years. I cannot live without this drug unless I were to spend a lot of time off of it trying to get used to how my body reacts and how sevre those reactions are.

I do understand you wanting to try it cause your mc is too strong. Talk to your parents about it and let them know you want to try this.
One other thing I have noticed is that, when I started I took 1 dose(1 pill) each day. Now I take up to 8 doses because my body is getting used to the medication and I still have stiffness lingering all the time.

I hope I could help.

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen

Re: Medications - by Leroy - Jan 13, 2015 3:33am
Re: Medications - by David - Jan 13, 2015 1:24pm
Re: Medications - by Leroy - Jan 13, 2015 9:27pm
Re: Medications - by Josh Powell - Jan 14, 2015 8:50am
Re: Medications - by David - Jan 14, 2015 9:13pm
Re: Medications - by Samantha - Jan 23, 2015 2:57pm
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com