Random Acts Of Kindness - Where did you get yours? What kind of Random Acts are you performing?

Use this message board to leave messages and posts about how and where you received a Random AOK Card and your comments on it!

Also leave NEWS about how you are performing Random Acts, and making a difference in the lives of others!

Forum: Random Acts Of Kindness - Where did you get yours? What kind of Random Acts are you performing?
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
I call it a hobby

Hello there,

Almost 14 years ago I was in university stuck on campus for spring break as I was broke. Two weeks after reading week was over I got my income tax return and it was a sizable one at that! I decided to do something to share my "wealth" so I went out to a local florist and bought 3 dozen red roses. 30 of them were wrapped individually with a note "From your secret admirer!", the other 6 were in pairs for 3 specific friends. Another dozen was bought to give to the ladies in the mail room at residence with a note "Please put these in random mailboxes, but give some to guys to throw people off the scent!" The reactions and responses were awesome and amazing with only one negative one... It was the best kept secret for 2 months when one of the gals who got 2 roses came up to me, kissed me on the cheek and said "Thank you my secret admirer!" It turns out her aunt owned the flower shop I bought them at. Well for the next few years, off and on, I would go and buy some flowers and give them away. For the last 7 years I have been going out with a dozen roses on occasion asking if anyone would like a flower. Another thing I will do is ask people who are working "Do you mind if I brighten up your workplace?" Either way it goes over very well.

Three years ago I was in a Starbucks in Winnipeg giving away roses. The woman in line in front of me was blown away and said "YES, I WOULD LOVE A FLOWER!" She then proceeded to ask me, literally 20 questions! How did it start, why do you do it... and so on. The last question she asked me as she pulled a card from her purse was "I'm a reporter, do you mind if I interview you about your hobby?" I did and we did the interview. You can see it here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-oaUguaoeQ

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks