Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Using pedometers in walking class

Jamie,

Have each student in your class wear the pedometer for the entire day. After your class is over, have the student record their steps on the www.peclogit.org/logit.asp website. I have an old computer for them to record their information. This computer is used for recording only. I spoke with my computer guy and normally recycle their computers, but he gave me one. They have directions as how to sign up, etc. pretty easy to do. This will allow your students to compare steps with other students throughout the United States.

Re: Re: Using pedometers in walking class

Very cool, I will give it a try this year. Thanks

HAVE THE STUDENTS FIND A PLACE THEY WOULD LIKE TO WALK TO AND HAVE THEM FIGURE OUT HOW MANY STEPS IT WILL TAKE TO GET THERE . MAKE A MAP AND CHART YOUR PROGRESS

Re: Re: Using pedometers in walking class

That is a great idea. I especially think they will like making the maps. I think making a treasure map would be fun with some kind of real treasure.

I use pedometers with my 6th-8th graders by incorporating different activities each class period. We record their scores and make a bar graph. At the end of 5-6 classes we compare the activites and also add them together to see where they could have walked in our area. (Map Skills). My district has really pushed all the disciplines to help improve test scoresand this is just one of the ways I implement the use of pedometers.