Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: PDA's

Marden,
thanks for getting back to me....I would also use the PDA for attendance and dress code purposes....instead of carrying a clipboard...Like all technology deveices, I'm sure there are glitches here and there..
Lenny

Re: PDA's

Lenny,

I use a PDA that has the Polar PE Manager software on it, with my class lists downloaded on it. I use it in conjunction with the Polar Heart Rate Monitors. Both the watches and the PDA have a infered port on them so I can quickly send the information from the watches to the PDA and show the students their heart rates.

I teach P.E. in Phoenix AZ. I use my PDA for grading on an excel spread sheet. works great.

I have a PDA and I use it for assessments. It is a lot easier to assess and then record it right on my PDA, rather than write it down on paper than transfer it to my computer. I can record the grades on my PDA and I have software that allows me to also use it and make changes on my computer. I would recommend it!