Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Discussion Number Four (4)

Yes, this pass year the administrative leadership in my district enthusiastically encouraged all staff to have their Webpage up to date. Each instructional staff member has a page on the district Website. The purpose of my page is to communicate information pertaining to our physical education program to parents and students and staff. My page is a never ending project it is specifically geared toward elementary level of our parents and students, as well as, my coaching schedule throughout the year.

Re: Discussion Number Four (4) PE websites

I was wondering if anyone had video on their websites, I think it would be a great way to help reinforce correct techniques in sports, review rules or display enthusiastic effort.

Re: Re: Discussion Number Four (4) PE websites

I do not have video on my web page and agree it would be a great tool. I think students would like to use video technology for improvement of skills.

Re: Discussion Number Four (4)

Yes, I totally agree that that a web page would continue to grow and be added to often. It would be a wonderful tool for parents to view.

we are going to try to create a web page for our P.E. dept. do we just follow the books ideas, or are there other ways to get this done.for a person lacking in computer skills will this take very long.did any one tie this in to the schools website.

Re: Discussion Number Four (4) PE websites

Video on a web page is a great idea. All you need is a good editing program on your computer to make it great.

I forgot all about our sports web page! The most I have done with it is schedule and game results. pictures and video would be great additions to help keep family members and friends up to date on how games went for people they know. Also could be good for recruiters.

That sounds like a god way to make your program stand out. Are there any draw backs or obstacles?